Since its creation in the 60S, the use of Myers cocktail IV has grown to be one of the most sought-after wellness treatments.
After proving to be effective, Myers cocktail became a celebrities’ preserve, mostly wishing to treat jet lag, but that is all in the past now. This infusion has now broken barriers, and now basically everyone can use it to treat different conditions.
How did it gain its popularity? How safe is it?
What is Myers Cocktail IV?
What is a Myers cocktail IV, and what is all the fuss surrounding it?
Myers cocktail is a formula created by the late DR John Myers, MD. It is a formula that contains vitamins and minerals. Even after, many of Myers’ patients kept seeking treatment from a renowned nutritionist, Alan R Gaby, MD. Gaby became one of the Myers cocktail proponents and found out how the cocktail could help treat many clinical conditions (1).
So, which are some of the prevalent conditions treatable by Myers cocktail?
What are the benefits of Myers cocktail IV? How is it administered?
What are its side effects?
We look at all you need to know about Myers cocktail IV below.
What is in the Myers Cocktail IV?
Before you have this cocktail intravenously administered to you, you need to know what it contains.
Here are the ingredients of Myers Cocktail:
- B Vitamins: B vitamins come with a lot of health benefits. The B vitamins in the intravenous cocktail will help increase your energy levels. Besides, they are excellent for growth and development, nervous system, skin health, properly functioning digestive system, break down body fats, and keep your eyes healthy.
- Vitamin C: It is essential nutrients for an okay functioning immune system. It is suitable for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, skin appearance, and eye diseases.
- Calcium: Calcium is well known for its role in bone strengthening. Besides, it’s suitable for controlling blood pressure, strengthening cardiac muscles, preventing premenstrual depression, and maintaining ideal body weight.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is necessary for the absorption of calcium. This means it has a role too in the strengthening of the bones. Besides, it prevents and relieves migraines, reduces anxiety, and minimizes PMS symptoms.
If you have had b complex vitamins and vitamin C therapy, you might as well consider adding magnesium and calcium in your next IV vitamin therapy (2).
Should You Get a Myers Cocktail IV Infusion?
You have probably read the new trend of celebrities getting the Myers cocktail infusion, and you are thinking of getting one. Especially with all the hype the cocktail is getting, it will probably win your heart quicker.
We list the best candidates for Myers cocktail infusion below.
Good Candidates for a Myers Cocktail IV Infusion
People who respond well to this teratment inlude those with:
- Asthma, especially those with acute asthma attacks
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Acute muscle spasm
- Upper respiratory infections
- Chronic sinusitis
- Seasonal allergies
- Cardiovascular disease
If you are battling one or more of the above, getting Myers cocktail IV could turn to do your health better than you imagined.
Myers Cocktail IV and Fibromyalgia
Myers cocktail infusion is popularly used to treat fibromyalgia. Most studies on the effectiveness of the Myers cocktail focus on its role in the treatment of fibromyalgia. Many fibromyalgia patients report that the infusion has helped relieve their pain and improve their general life quality.
Magnesium is one of the essential ingredients in the infusion. One of the biohacks of health would be eating nutritious and balanced foods, but 7 out of 10 Americans don’t get enough magnesium from their diet. Magnesium deficiency is associated with fibromyalgia symptoms such as:
- Chronic fatigue
- Muscle cramps
- Chronic sleep deprivation and insomnia
Besides, low magnesium levels in the body can also occur as a result of:
- Elevated calcium levels
- Thyroid replacement
- Long-term diuretic treatment
Getting the Myers infusion with high amounts of magnesium can help you fix fibromyalgia.
Myers Cocktail Benefits
Between the stressful colds, depressive hangovers, and fatigues, getting a Myers cocktail can help breathe some life into your system. Here are some of the Myers cocktail benefits:
- Refreshing full-body hydration
- Boost of necessary vitamins and nutrients
- Rejuvenating increase in your energy levels
- Reduce stress, anxiety and tiredness
- Improve mood
- Alleviate chronic symptoms like inflammation, migraines and cramps
- Strengthen immune system
- Restore balance in your body
- Helps mitigate the effects of seasonal allergies
How is Myers Cocktail Administered?
This cocktail is administered intravenously. A medical profession will insert an IV in your veins, and the IV drip will be allowed to flow. The vitamins and nutrients will directly go to your bloodstream; no need to through the digestive system. This is an ideal treatment for patients with digestive problems.
The therapy takes approximately 30 minutes. You may start feeling the benefits immediately after and sometimes even before the drip is complete.
Myers Cocktail Side Effects
Just like any other medical procedure, the Myers cocktail may put you at some risk. Generally, it is considered safe because it delivers nutrients and vitamins to your system. How the vitamin and nutrients blend is delivered may cause problems.
If magnesium is administered too rapidly, it is known to cause lightheadedness and also lower blood pressure. Furthermore, patients may receive heat sensation, which is still attributed to magnesium.
Furthermore, just like all IV therapies, the patients may suffer:
- Pain at site of injection
- Infections at the injection site
Since Dr. John Myers created this infusion in the 60S, it has been used in helping people cope with symptoms of diseases such as chronic pain. However, it has outgrown being a preserve for celebrities. You, too, can get this infusion of vitamins and minerals directly into your bloodstream.
Contact your doctor about having a vitamin IV drip in Los Angeles or possibly a Myers cocktail; it may be the revamping you need for your health.
Read our biohacking guide >>>>
Learn more about biohacking Los Angeles >>>>