Hypnosis Los Angeles takes into consideration the lifestyle and demands of the environment where you live. We love living in Los Angeles. It is a cool place to live in. However, it can get pretty stressful to keep up with the rushed lifestyle and the pretty high living cost. For this, and some other personal reasons, many Los Angeles dwellers end up with depression, anxiety, insomnia, stress, grief, and other mental breakdown issues.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Hypnosis?
- 2 How Quickly Does Hypnosis Los Angeles Work?
- 3 Can I have Hypnosis Online?
- 4 What Are The Side Effects Of Hypnosis?
- 5 How To Find a Hypnotherapist In Los Angeles
Luckily, hypnosis can help us solve all these mental issues. Hypnosis is quickly becoming a popular process, thanks to its many benefits. If you are looking for Hypnosis Los Angeles, you will be glad you stopped here. You are just about to find out all there is to know about hypnosis in Los Angeles Ca (part of biohacking Los Angeles) . Keep reading!
What Is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is also called hypnotic suggestion or hypnotherapy.
It is a type of therapy that entails putting people in a trance-like state. Being in this state promotes an individual’s ability to focus on themselves.
This way, you can be more accommodative to take suggestions, such as ceasing smoking.
Another goal of this therapy is to help patients learn how to control their state of awareness and achieve mental relaxation and calm (1). Calmness and relaxation help patients be able to discuss their feelings and problems with ease.
How Does Hypnosis Work?
Before answering this question, we should first put things clearly, by answering ‘does hypnosis Los Angeles work?’
Hypnosis, or sometimes referred to as hypnotic suggestion or hypnotherapy, is a process that involves heightened focus and concentration, that helps keep your mental health in perfect condition.
A therapist uses verbal repetition and mental images to hypnotize you.
So, how exactly does hypnosis work? Hypnosis helps you feel more calm and relaxed. It also helps you accept more suggestions.
Why Is Hypnosis Done?
As stated, hypnosis is excellent in relieving mental distress such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia. If you cannot calm down before t a medical procedure you are about to have, hypnosis could help you.
For instance, if you need to relax before your breast biopsy, hypnosis could come in handy.
Also, hypnosis has shown to be effective in:
- Pain control– hypnosis can help relieve pain caused by scalds, burns, childbirth, cancer and cancer treatments, joint problems, headache, and painful dental procedures.
- Hot Flashes– if you have had enough of the hot flashes caused by menopause, it is your time to try hypnosis.
- Mental Health Conditions– depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress can be treated through hypnosis.
- Behavior Change– Behaviors such as bed-wetting, smoking, overeating, and insomnia can be rectified by hypnosis.
What Is The Success Rate Of Hypnosis Los Angeles?
Just in case you are wondering whether hypnosis is worth all the hype it is getting, the answer is yes. The success rates of hypnosis are amazingly excellent.
According to Kimberly Friedmutter, the author of the Subconscious Power: Use Your Inner Mind to Create the Life You’ve always wanted and a renowned hypnotist, hypnosis has over 93% success rates.
So, your chances of getting positive results are so high.
Do The Effects Of Hypnosis Wear Off?
The effects of hypnosis indeed wear off pretty fast. The effects do not persist for long. However, the effects on memory can be permanent. If the patient believes that they have remembered something, the pseudo memory can persist for a lifetime. So, it depends on the hypnosis subject at hand.
How Quickly Does Hypnosis Los Angeles Work?
There is no way we can determine how quickly hypnosis works. This is because first, it depends on the condition you want to escape from, and secondly, it has a bearing on the intensity of the problem at hand too.
For instance, we cannot say hypnosis for quitting smoking will work the same way as hypnosis for anxiety. Quitting smoking may most probably take longer than relieving you from anxiety.
A regular hypnosis Los Angeles session takes 45 minutes to 1 hour. However, for smoking and gastric problems, the sessions can be as long as 2 hours. A lot of people start experiencing the full effect of hypnotherapy around 7-10 minutes into the session.
A single session will not give you the results you deserve. You must sit through several sessions to get back to your right health condition.
However, this quick overview on how long different sessions take on average should help;
- Weight loss hypnosis often shows positive results after three months. You need to be regular in the sessions to see these results. However, the speed will also depend on what weight loss tactic you use. Research shows that people who used hypnosis for weight loss lost up to 3% of the weight after three months.
- Quitting smoking is one of the longest hypnosis sessions you can take. This is because smoking needs you to start with terminating the toxins from your body, and you also need long-term recovery. The sessions may take longer if you have been smoking for years. Hypnosis to quit smoking Los Angeles typically takes 6 months or more.
- For self-esteem, a few hypnosis sessions would work correctly. However, it does not always take that route if other mental disorders such as depression are involved. Such mental conditions may only prolong the therapy period. Within a month of hypnotherapy, your self-esteem will be something people will be envious of.
- For phobia relief, it will depend on how intense the phobia is. Furthermore, your willingness to fight the phobia will determine how quickly you will let go of the phobia. In many cases, conquering a phobia through hypnosis takes anything between 3 to 6 months.
Can I have Hypnosis Online?
You may be busy or not in a position to get from the house. There is no need to worry. You can still get hypnosis in Los Angeles through online platforms. The good news is it is as good as face to face sessions. So, if you cannot go for live sessions for whatever reason, sign up for online sessions.
Many hypnotists in Los Angeles meet their patients via Facetime, Skype, and Zoom.
The online sessions follow the same criteria as live sessions follow.
However, to get the most out of online hypnotherapy sessions, you need to find a good location. You will have to use a comfortable table and a private place with no destructions. Your place of choice should be quiet and comfortable enough to make you relax and speak.
So, how does online hypnosis work? Well, you will have to agree on an application you will use with your hypnotist. Your hypnotists will organize a link to invite you to join sessions at the scheduled time. It should be a private session which only you two can access.
What do you need to have successful online hypnosis? Ensure you:
- Have a device with a good camera and sound
- have a stable internet connection
- have a silent and comfortable place to take your sessions
- use headphones to cut off any potential distractions
- turn off all notifications on your devices
What Are The Side Effects Of Hypnosis?
Just like any other health procedure, hypnosis has its side effects too. For this reason, you need to contact your doctor before getting started on hypnosis Los Angeles.
A doctor or a therapist would help you know how to deal with the side effects.
Here are some of the popular side effects of hypnosis:
- False memories or otherwise known as confabulations
The good better part is that most of these side effects appear shortly after the sessions and fade away quickly.
How To Find a Hypnotherapist In Los Angeles
There are a lot of hypnosis Los Angeles institutions. A little search on the internet will leave you with a lot to choose from. However, you want the best for you. You should do an analysis before spending your money on something that would not be worth it in the long run.
You do not have to go for celebrity hypnotists; those can be pretty expensive.
As long as they are caring, welcoming, and understanding, consider giving them a try. However, always ensure they are approved by the American Association of Hypnotherapists or American Society of Clinical Hypnosis. Hypnotists approved by these bodies must have attained 40 hours’ workshop training, 20 hours of individual training, and over two years of practice as a hypnotist. You do not want to gamble with someone who has no recommended experience and training.
Read our BIOHACKING GUIDE >>>>